Our biomass fueled spatial and water heating technology offers improved economy and client satisfaction.
Hotels & Guesthouses
The hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing business sectors in South Africa, creating a substantial amount of job opportunities and is vital to our sustained economic growth. It is however an industry where reputations and success are based on customer experiences. Central to customer experience is affordable and reliable energy.
- Heat output – 200 kW
- Dimensions – 2.937mm (w) x 2.082mm (h) x 1.660mm (d)
- Boiler Weight – 1950 Kg
- Fuel – Almond shells, Woodchips and Pelletized biomass.
- Moving step grate allows the boiler to cope with a wide variation in fuel quality.
- Boiler output – perfect modulation at up to 91% efficiency from 22%-100% of output.
- Boiler water temperature – 60-80˚C.
- Return flow temperature regulated to protect boiler.
- Water capacity – 550 Litres.
- Operating pressure – Max 3Bar.
- Power connection – 400V /16 Amp.
- 1 x Pelletech 200 kW Idro Wood Chips Industrial boiler
- Supplying heat to 34-bedroom hotel
- Burns wood chips and almond shells
- Turnkey supply with boiler house alteration and fuel storage solution
PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS AND RESULTS
- Fuel Cost Savings of 50-80% compared to heating oil
- CO2 Reduction of 95% or 88 tonnes per annum
- Major contribution to a low carbon status and marketable green footprint
- Project Payback Period of 2-3 Years
The hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing business sectors in word wide, creating a substantial amount of job opportunities and is vital to sustained economic growth. It is however an industry where reputations and success are based on customer experiences. Central to customer experience is affordable and reliable energy.
The boutique hotel in this project had 34 bedrooms, a restaurant and service rooms that required heat. The owners wanted to reduce both their heating costs and CO2 emissions while maintaining the outmost comfort of their guests. The briefing was to install and commission a biomass boiler system to replace 2 oil fired boilers that were currently supplying heat and hot water.
According to initial feasibility studies a Pelletech 200 kW Idro system was specified as the most economically viable solution, with a payback period of less than 3 years. The design included a 4000-litre hot water storage tank and were installed and commissioned with the help of a local sub-contractor. The boiler and fuel store were installed in a purpose-built boiler house with the entire property linked using an insulated under- ground ring main.
At CALORE, our biomass combustion technology and fuels can provide the hospitality industry with affordable energy security for hot water and air production. Compared to electricity, gas or diesel – savings up to 50% can be achieved, whilst having the peace of mind that one of your essential services has been secured.
In the case of power outages an essential service, like hot water and air production, becomes problematic and expensive. If such an essential service goes down, it can relate to bad customers experiences, which in turn negatively influences revenues and profitability.
A typical biomass solution will include a central heating system consisting out of the following sub-systems:
Central & district heating applications
Central Heating refers to a process of heat transfer either using a fluid or air as heat transport from one location to the next via pipes radiators or vents.
District heating, also known as heat networks or tele-heating refers to larger scale systems for distributing heat generated in a large centralized location through a transport system for residential and commercial heating requirements.
At CALORE we specialize in central and district heating project conceptualization, design, implementation, commissioning and maintenance.